Service and Hospitality Jobs on Cruise Ships
Service and hospitality positions can be divided into the following sub-divisions: Food and Beverage, Hotel, Retail, Purser, and Information Technology.
Most Food and Beverage staff get small basic salaries but they have a chance of receiving tips from the passengers.
Hotel division positions are very similar to the same positions in onshore hotels and resorts. Hotel staff take care of passengers' accommodation requirements.
The Retail division staff sell products and services to the passengers. This is one of the main sources of additional income for cruise lines, making these positions very important.
The Purser division is the "accounting" department of the cruise ship. Purser staff manage passengers' tickets, currency exchange, etc.
IT staff are responsible for the operation of all information technology and telecommunication devices onboard the cruise ship.
How to Get a Job
- The first Cruise Job Fair in Central and Eastern Europe
- Cruise Career Day with MSC Cruises in Kraków/ Poland – 21st September 2019
- Arctic Cruise Line - New Expedition Start Up Planned
- Working as a Photographer and Video Operator onboard a Cruise Ship
- Bahamas Paradise Gives Crew Free Internet
- › More articles
Free emails with tips and advice on how to get a job on-board a cruise ship.