Thomson to Rebrand into Marella Cruises
Thomson Cruises will rebrand itself into Marella Cruises, a refreshed brand for the UK market.
Marella is said to mean shining sea in Celtic.
Helen Caron, Distribution and Cruise Director said: “This is an incredibly exciting time for our business. We’re really proud to offer an experience that guests can, and want to, come back to again and again and moving forward as Marella we’ve got brand new, modern additions to our fleet and more destinations, choice and experiences than ever before which really reflects our spirit of exploration and discovery within the new brand.”
The Mein Schiff 1, which was set to transfer to Thomson as the TUI Explorer next year, will now be named the Marella Explorer.
Other ships will get similar name changes, as the TUI Discovery 1 and 2 will become the Marella Discovery 1 and Marella Discovery 2.
And the big news is a deployment change for the 2018 winter: the company will offer an Asia program sailing from Bangkok aboard the Marella Discovery.
How to Get a Job
- Cruise Ship Jobs - Joining Paperwork and Associated Costs
- P&O Cruises, Cunard, Viking Cruises and MSC Cruises interviews in Slovakia
- How to Get Your Public Health Degree While Working on a Cruise Ship
- What Are The Most Important Qualities Needed To Work On A Cruise Ship?
- Hurtigruten expanding cruises to the Arctic
- › More articles
Free emails with tips and advice on how to get a job on-board a cruise ship.